Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I wish you all a Happy (and safe!) Halloween! Yesterday at work, a few of us dressed up and snapped a shot. I, am the banana. Not the most flattering of looks on me, but all too appropriate seeing as I'm a dietitian :)





Before I settled in for college football and trick-or-treaters, I got in a good run and dashed out to do my errands. And of course, that included not only a trip to the grocery store...but also to the health foods store! Needless to say, I got lots of goodies. With husband gone most of the week, I wanted some easy meals for one and enough balanced "snack foods" that I could just snack for dinner since I'm flying solo. Check it out!


 Here we see: USDA organic Acai juice (can't wait to try it!), all-natural Pineapple Coconut juice (it's low in calories, surprisingly and I also cannot wait to try it!), Apricot Pumpkin Butter (my new favorite food -- AWESOME in oatmeal!), fat-free cottage cheese (I was CRAVING cottage cheese and pineapple!), 100% resveratol juice (only 130 calories for 10 ounces!), POM (per the recommendation of Candid RD!!), and skim milk way back there (next to the beer, haha!)

Moving over a bit in the fridge you can see...

USDA organic Oregon Chai (yummmm! I haven't spoiled myself with any in QUITE some time!), fresh salsa, and my favorite hummus: Sabra Classic Hummus (I'm making falafel at some point this week!)


I also got: low-calorie/high-fiber noodles, Terra chips (YUMMMMMMM!), USDA organic wheat pizza crust, organic old-fashioned oats, lots of ZEVIA!, a HUGE mango, kiwi, pears, bananas, limes, salmon, pumpkin puree, and HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!!



My (cheap) husband bought Nerds, Bubba gum, Smarties, Jaw Breakers, and Lemonheads. I was afraid our HOUSE would get EGGED if we didn't include any CHOCOLATE!!!!! So, he left town and I bought chocolate : )


Anyways...Lily and I are ready for trick-or-treaters, as you can see!


And my fruit basket is looking ready for the week, as well...



And just as I was getting ready to press "Publish Post"....my doorbell rang. Package for Nicole. It was my Nutridel cookies! After reading about Nutridel cookies on Jenny's blog, I just had to try them. 






And they are DELICIOUS! I ordered the assorted pack of 28 packages (2 cookies per package). The flavors are: pecan, flaxseed, almond, and oatmeal. I tried the flaxseed and it was SOOOO good!! 57 calories a cookie! They are all-natural, cholesterol free, contain no trans fat, are dairy-free, and contain no refined sugar. The cookies are high in fiber (3 grams!) and contain antioxidants and omega-3's. And, they are GOOD!



Welp, it's time to commit my full attention to football. Yesterday's diet was about the same as the day before, so I will spare you! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!



4 comments:

  1. u look so cute and u were a healthy fruit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I WOULD egg your house if you didn't provide me with chocolate! :)

    LOVE the costume by the way. Very nice!

    Nick loves that Chair tea that you have in your fridge. I wish it wasn't so expensive (about 5 dollars for 4 servings). Every once in a while I buy it, but not as often as he'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you folks have a facebook fan page? I regarded
    for one on twitter however could not uncover one, I
    would really like to change into a fan!

    my web site: i'm having trouble getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Benjamin Franklin adage that "addressing the issue beforehand is better than addressing any aftermath later" is as visible today as it was when Franklin made the statement. Albeit many utilize the account when alluding to wellbeing, Franklin was tending to fire security.

    ReplyDelete