Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu



Keeping with my endeavors to try more new recipes, I made Chicken Cordon Bleu last night...and it
was delicious! My husband doesn't care for ham, so next time I may make his portion with turkey pepperoni. I made rosemary potatoes as the side and we had a fresh garden salad with Kraft Light Asian Sesame Ginger dressing.

Yum! I forgot to take pictures last night, but here's my leftovers for lunch today, sans the salad...those never travel well for me.



For a snack, however, I will be spreading leftover Laughing Cow onto a ripe, delicious Gala apple (my favorite variety!).

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Taken from Weight Watchers, Inc.

4 - 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 wedges Laughing Cow Light (I used original)
4 servings extra lean ham (I used Deli Select)
1/2 package Shake 'n Bake (I used less -- looked like too much!)
crushed garlic

Directions

Pound each to about 1/4 inch thickness. Spread one wedge of cheese and garlic on top of each breast. Put 2 to 3 slices ham over the cheese and garlic. Roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with Shake N Bake.

Bake at 400 for about 35 to 40 minutes.

I have a blog topic request I'll post on tonight if the day isn't too hectic. If not, catch ya tomorrow! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. looks wonderful and easy to make nice to recipes on here love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had chicken cordon bleu in a long time, but it reminds me of my childhood... I love that you used Laughing Cow cheese. I'll have to make this dish! Thanks for the reminder! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome... I still need to pick up a crock pot! -kristin

    ReplyDelete