Sunday, July 26, 2009

My music > Your music

Mark loves girly music -- Madonna, Celine Dion, etc...it's kind of embarrassing, but also a trait I find rather endearing (only a wife could say that!). So as he headed out for a run this morning with his headphones on, I could, of course, hear some "Material Girl" penetrating loud enough for me to hear. I gave him an eye roll and a smile...and he gave me blogging material.

Some good tunes are essential for enjoying a workout. My top 5 are eclectic, to say the least, but maybe they'll enhance your workout play list, too.

In no particular order...

1. Madagascar 2 Soundtrack, Big and Chunky -- it's not the whole song...but I had to get the little animals dancing - get the whole song, though...surely some motivation there!



2. Machine Head, Bush -- if you're huffing through a run, the lyrics will help you out!





3. Nicole Scherzinger feat P. Diddy, Come to Me -- not the best sound quality...but the dancing sure is!





4. Gaelic Storm, Nancy Whiskey -- This song was played every week in a spin class I took with a lovely gentleman named Vince. Vince was incredibly buff and incredibly quirky - this song...has stuck. Very bizzare choice, I know, and you must download one that is NOT a live performance...YouTube was not much help in finding a quality version of that rare song.






5. Bob Sinclar, Love Generation -- Spring Break '06 in Acapuloco. I'll say no more!



What are YOUR favorite workout tunes? Help me out, too! Post your answers in a comment for all to see, please!

3 comments:

  1. okay so i see no one has commented... i'll be the first! lol your work out songs i can say i've only heard of one.. bush machine head.. amd honestly can't say i would ever think to work out to that song! i feel like kristen with this answer.. but lately (when i do get my lil 30 minutes away from hailee, haha) i'll bump some britney spears.. like womanizer or toxic.. ya know one of her more clubby sounding songs.. as well as alot of other techno.. which brings me to my next question nikki if you would look into this and maybe blog it.. i have heard that the different sounds and tones in techno music actually put you in a better mood due to releasing endorphines(sp?) lol curious to find the truth! much love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Techno...hmm! I'll look into this week, lady! Thanks for the blog topic request : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acapulco 06! woot woot!

    I love your eclectic taste in music! Only on your list of workout jams would i be able to find Bush's MachineHead and P. Diddy in the same playlist. Lovies ;)

    ReplyDelete